Mr. O’Mara: the Donald Trump of WIS?

It’s lunchtime on the first day back at WIS and Tom O’Mara is staring out the windows of his office, debating the state of the world: specifically, the state of the ISU cabinet. “I think it’s a mess,” he says. “The school needs strong leadership, and I’m the man to provide it.”

O’Mara, a member of the faculty at WIS, doesn’t care that the S in ISU stands for students: “Some people say my experience as Athletic Director doesn’t translate to being a student. Well, those people can stop being childish because I can athletically direct these students to a bright new future!”

When asked about current presidents Kyle Macmillan and Blaise Malley, who famously fixed the nets at the far end of the soccer field, O’Mara shrugs. “They lack vision,” he states. “Fix the nets? I say take it farther. We need to build a wall around the field, to keep those balls in.” He takes the wall idea one step further by suggesting building one around his office, so students “can’t just sneak in and take equipment and uniforms.”

O’Mara claims the rest of his plans are strong, but continues to focus on the issue of the wall. However, if the rest of his ideas are as intense, one can expect that this ISU administration has had enough stage time, and it’s O’Mara’s turn to make a big entrance.