Shrek the Musical Jr: Behind the Scenes

Here is a sneak peak of Shrek the Musical. The performances are May 3 – May 6 and we wanted to give you a behind the scenes look at what happens during a Musical Theatre production. Plus, we have six reasons to come see Shrek the Musical Jr.

You know at least one person who’s involved in it

There are around 40 cast members in Shrek JR, not including the crew, stage managers, dance captains, and obviously our directors, Ms. Gondek (who you might’ve had for Vocal) and Ms. Moore.

The entire cast and crew are extremely talented

Are you a little apprehensive about watching middle schoolers singing off-key and terribly for an hour? Don’t worry, because everybody involved in the show is incredible at singing, dancing, acting, and more.

We’ve been working so hard for the past 4 months

The musical is a pretty long process. Rehearsals started on January 29th, and we’re opening Thursday, May 3. This is a huge amount of time, and we’ve all been working so hard every single rehearsal.

The set and costumes are super cool

Tired of seeing countless middle school productions with little to no set and boring costumes? No worries! Shrek JR is full of crazy characters with colorful, original costumes and the set has a lot of variety and awesome aspects.

The songs are awesome

You might be a bit confused about why Shrek is a musical and expecting the songs to be boring and unoriginal. No fear! The songs are breathtaking, full of awesome harmonies, and you definitely will not be bored.

Shrek JR is a really interesting show

Based on Shrek, a popular DreamWorks movie, Shrek JR is full of plot twists, hilarious jokes, and developed, fascinating characters you find yourself rooting for. The show is captivating and the hour-long performance will fly by.

Video by Abigail Bown

By Maia Nehme