A Brief Review: All Things Go Fall Classic

Located in Washington DC’s Union Market, All Things Go Fall Classic, a single-stage music festival, took place over the span of three days, a first in its four year existence. Occurring from October 6th to 8th, more than 20 bands performed at the festival including both well known artists such Foster the People and Young Thug, as well as emerging artists like Jay IDK and JackLNDN. Sponsors and partners included Heineken, Uber Eats and the Norwegian Embassy. An interesting component of the festival was its emphasis on the DC food scene, with the founders, Will Suter, Adrian Maseda, Stephen Vallimarescu and Zack Friendly, making a conscious effort to include a variety of food vendors from local restaurants including &pizza, Buredo and Takorean. Sophia Azmi, a senior at WIS who went to the first day of the festival, answered some questions about her overall experience and general feelings about it.

Why did you decide to go?

Because I needed a break from school work, there were artists and foods, and I had never been to a festival before.

Who did you see perform?

Galantis, the Knocks and JackLND

Who was your favorite artist and why?

Galantis because there was a lot of energy involved in their performance, and their music is really upbeat.

What others things did you do at the festival?

They had lots of delicious food like Buredo and Pinstripes. We bought some good food from Maketto. I had Okonomiyaki, a Japanese pancake, which was really good.

What are some negatives about the festival?

Too many millennials, and some people were really annoying. The venue wasn’t that good. I also couldn’t see for some of the sets because of my short height.

Did you prefer this music festival over past concerts you’ve been to and why?

No, because the crowd was kind of bad, and the artists playing weren’t my favorite artists.

What would you rate the festival out of 10?

7/10

By Ananiya Neeck

Feature Image Source: All Things Go Twitter