The WIS Spring Bazaar Returns After Four Years

Community members enjoying the events at the WIS Bazaar. (Andrea Brudniak-Berrocal/International Dateline)

The sugary snow cones, upbeat music and joyful bouncy houses… they’re back. The annual WIS Spring Bazaar took place on Saturday, May 6 for the first time since the spring of 2019, and the community responded positively. 

The Spring Bazaar is a community event and fundraiser where families and community members gather at the Tregaron campus. The Bazaar offers many activities, including the international food court, a bouncy house, face painting and a dunk tank. 

From left to right: sophomores Harrison Rubin and Teo Katz working at the WIS Bazaar dunk tank station. (Andrea Brudniak-Berrocal/International Dateline)

The Bazaar was a throwback to some, but new to others, such as sixth grader Kodie Yeboah-Amankwah.

“I have been enjoying it a lot; it’s pretty fun,” Yeboah-Amankwah said at the Bazaar. “I like all the action and all the thrill that’s happening throughout the whole campus.” 

Those who have been at the bazaar before noticed some changes due to the construction of the new science building.

“It doesn’t look as full, and it might be [that] because of the construction, everything is in different places,” parent Giorgio Furioso said. 

The Bazaar functions with volunteers, staff and the “worker bees,” who are the 10th-graders that work at the Bazaar every year. 

Most sophomores remember the last Bazaar that took place in 2019, and have been reminiscing on the past Bazaars. 

“Because of the fact that we haven’t had one in so long, it’s definitely been a strange transition with new people,” sophomore Anton Jordan said. “It’s been a really great experience to learn what we have missed out on for the past three years.”

From left to right: sophomores and worker bees Celeste Martin, Haze Warren and Margot Stavropoulos face painting at the WIS Bazaar. (Andrea Brudniak-Berrocal/International Dateline)

This year, the class of 2025 worked at the Bazaar, giving them a chance to gain the annual Bazaar experience through a different lens.

“I think it’s been a great event,” sophomore Madeleine Fine said. “Even though we are working, we still get a lot of opportunities to have fun. It’s also a cool way to see the WIS community as a whole.” 

By Andrea Brudniak-Berrocal